Police Administrative AssistantSalary Range (As of July 1, 2019) $25.35-$31.69 per hour
The City of Forest Lake is currently recruiting for a Police Administrative Assistant to perform routine and complex administrative, clerical and various other assigned services to the Police Department. This is a non sworn employee and key functions include ensuring accuracy and clarity of reports, fulfilling data requests, and maintaining various databases. Salary Range (as of July 1, 2019) $25.35-$31.69 per hour.
- Associate’s degree, three years of clerical experience OR equivalent education and experience in law enforcement administration.
- Knowledge of current data privacy state statutes.
- Must obtain security awareness training within 30 days of hire and CJDN (Criminal Justice Data Network) certification within 6 months of hire, and maintain thereafter.
- Current safety awareness training and CJDN Certification
- Experience with file and document management
- Previous experience working for a law enforcement department/agency
- Previous experience working with confidential documents/records.
- Experience in a similar position in a law enforcement environment is preferred.
- Training as a legal secretary, paralegal or similar field
- Knowledge of current data practice laws
How to Apply:
Applicants are asked to electronically submit a letter of interest, resume, and city employment application. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The first review of applications will begin at noon on July 12, 2019.
Apply using the City of Forest Lake’s Employment Portal Found here:
The City of Forest Lake is currently accepting applications for the Human Rights Commission. If you are interested in serving on any of these commissions, please fill out the Boards and Committee Application. Your application will be kept on file for one year. Questions regarding any vacancy can be directed to the City of Forest Lake at 651-464-3550.