Part-Time Seasonal Park Rangers
The City of Forest Lake is hiring Part-Time Seasonal Park Rangers for the 2021 season.
Employment: Temporary, Part-Time
Duration: Up to 20 weeks, June - October (through August if a student is returning to school)
Hours: 15 - 20 hours per week (negotiable, depending on internship needs)
Rate of Pay: $13.50 per hour
- Walks through the park regularly, observing park activity, watching for anything dangerous or illegal.
- Monitors park grounds for potential dangers (i.e. sink holes in the ground, broken play equipment, etc.)
- Intervenes with individuals or groups who are breaking park rules and calls police or emergency personnel when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a completed City of Forest Lake Employment Application to Jamie.Muscha@ci.forest-lake.mn.us..
Applications will be accepted until all positions are filled.
The City of Forest Lake has openings for the position of Paid-On-Call Firefighter.
• Opens 06/15/21
• Application deadline 09/01/21
Candidates must live within the area highlighted in yellow on the map included in the application and hiring packet.
• Station 1 - 1408 Lake Street South, Forest Lake, MN 55025
• Station 2 – 16319 Kettle River Blvd, Columbus, MN 55025
$15.00 per hour for probationary members.
$17.75 per hour for members that have completed the 1 year probationary period.
• Performs firefighting activities including fire attack, containment, salvage, overhaul, driving fire apparatus,
operating pumps, laying hose, and related equipment.
• Performs emergency aid activities including CPR, administering first aid, and providing other assistance as
• Participates in fire department trainings, attends classes for firefighting, emergency aid, hazardous
materials, auto extrication, ice/water rescue, and related subjects.
• Provides First Responder emergency medical services.
• Maintains fire equipment, apparatus, and facilities. Performs minor repairs to departmental equipment.
• Assists in developing plans for special assignments such as emergency preparedness, communications,
training programs, firefighting, hazardous materials, and emergency aid activities.
• Present programs to the community on safety, medical, and fire prevention topics.
• Performs salvage operations such as spreading salvage covers, moving furniture, sweeping water, and
Minimum Qualifications to Apply:
• High school graduate or equivalent
• 18 years of age or older
• Valid Minnesota driver’s license
• Live within 6 minutes of station 1 or 2
• Pass police background check
• No DWI related convictions within the last 5 years
• No felony convictions on record
• Pass firefighter physical fitness test
• Pass psychological test provided by the Fire Department
• Pass medical exam provided by the Fire Department
• Must be available every Tuesday night (7 p.m. – 10 p.m.) for department training
2019/2020 Firefighter Recruitment Process
• Fire Department open house – Thursday, September 9th
• Physical agility test – Saturday, September 18th (Weather permitting)
• Backup Physical agility testing – Saturday, September 25th
• Interviews – Saturday, October 2nd
• Contingent offer – Letters sent out in the 3rd week of October
• Start date – 01/01/22
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply, please submit a completed City of Forest Lake Employment Application to FLFD@ci.forest-lake.mn.us or turn in your application at the Forest Lake City Hall, 1408 Lake Street South, Forest Lake, MN 55025.
The City of Forest Lake is currently accepting applications for the Human Rights Commission. If you are interested in serving on any of these commissions, please fill out the Boards and Committee Application. Your application will be kept on file for one year. Questions regarding any vacancy can be directed to the City of Forest Lake at 651-464-3550.