The City of Forest Lake has submitted three projects/requests for the 2020 State Bonding Bill. The projects/requests submitted include:
- North Shore Trail and Pedestrian Improvements
- "$2,250,000 in Capital Budget funds is requested for the design, engineering, and reconstruction of North Shore Trail along with an additional 10 ' wide pedestrian and bicyclist trail from Greenway Avenue to Kulencamp Park at 230th Street. The length of the road and trail corridor is approximately 2.5 miles.
- Wastewater Infrastructure System Replacement and Repair
- $2,000,000 in Capital Budget funds is requested for the design, engineering, and reconstruction of wastewater infrastructure that includes 10 lift stations and adjoining force mains.
- Highway 97 and Good Avenue Intersection Pedestrian Overpass
- $3,200,000 in Capital Budget funds is requested for the design, engineering, and construction of a grade-separated pedestrian bridge over the intersection of Hwy. 97 and Goodview Avenue along with trails that approach the bridge. The bridge will provide pedestrian improvements and safety at a dangerous intersection.
The State is currently soliciting public feedback and comments on the projects through their website. Residents are encouraged to support the city’s submissions by clicking on the comment link below and filling out the form. When filling out the form be sure to select, “Forest Lake, City of”. Comments will be collected through November 30.
State of Minnesota Comment Form
The descriptions of projects have been provided above, however, you can go to the State link to review project descriptions there. Simply follow this link --> visit the project description page.