The City of Forest Lake is taking a proactive stance on helping the local restaurants and bars to get back to business and serve their patrons in a "sit-down and stay for a short time" manner. On Wednesday, May 20, 2020, Governor Walz announced that bars and restaurants in Minnesota can provide outdoor seating for food/liquor service. The City of Forest Lake hopes this will get our local eateries and pubs back to a bit of normalcy while we continue to follow updates concerning the covid-19 situation. Any restaurants and bars participating in outdoor seating will:
- Provide food/liquor service outdoors only
- Have Seating for 50 or less patrons
- Require Reservations to be made in advance
- Adhere to the 6-foot social distancing rules that still apply
- Only allow group party sizes of 4 to 6 people (family members only)
- Ensure all staff will wear face masks
- Highly recommend and encourage masks for patrons
Remember, we all want to see the Forest Lake Community succeed through this, including our local businesses. Visit your local restaurants and bars, but remember, if you are sick, please stay home.
Any bars or restaurants that wish to provide outdoor seating must do so through an application provided by the City’s Emergency Management Team.
Please click on this link to access the application: Outdoor Food/Liquor Service Application Email your application to the address listed on the form and wait for someone from the Emergency Management Team to contact you.
WE WANT TO SEE SUCCESS FOR OUR COMMUNITY!